Preparing to Meet With a Workers’ Comp Attorney After a Work Injury
If you have been injured on the job and are considering filing a workers’ comp claim, you’ll benefit greatly from working with an experienced workers compensation attorney. Meeting with them is an important step in the process, and it’s crucial that you are prepared for it. In this article, we’ll discuss what you should generally bring to the first meeting with a workers’ comp attorney and what questions you should ask.
Having this information will help make the meeting more productive and help you get started on your road to recovery!
What to Bring to the First Meeting
When you meet with a workers’ comp attorney for the first time, there are several things you should bring with you. These items will help you provide the attorney with all the information they need to evaluate your case. Some of the most important things to bring include:
- A copy of your job description
- A summary of the accident, including the date, time of the accident, and injuries
- A copy of the written notice provided to your manager or employer
- Photographs of your injuries
- A list of any witnesses to the accident
- Doctor’s report and other medical records related to your injury
- Documentation of your lost wages
- Copies of any documents, letters, or emails from your manager or employer regarding your accident and injuries
Keep in mind that this is just a general overview of what to bring to your first meeting with a workers’ comp attorney. Every case is different, so be sure to discuss your specific situation with your attorney.
Questions to Ask a Workers’ Comp Attorney
Your first meeting with a workers’ comp attorney will be an opportunity for you to get to know your attorney and have all of your questions answered. Here are some important questions that you should ask:
- How long have they been practicing law, and how much experience do they have in handling workers’ comp cases?
- What is their approach to handling workers’ comp claims?
- How often should you expect to hear from your attorney about updates on your case?
Do not hesitate to ask any questions that come up during this meeting or afterward. These case can be complex. Therefore, it’s important for you to feel confident that you are working with an attorney who understands the process and can help you get the best possible outcome.
St. Louis Workers Compensation Attorneys
If you have been injured on the job, you may be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim. The Law Office of James M. Hoffman has represented injured employees in St. Louis, Missouri, and the surrounding areas for over 25 years, so we have the experience to handle your case with compassion and skill!
Contact The Law Office of James M. Hoffman today to schedule a free consultation.